- Get started
- Create user accounts
Install and Upgrade
- Install and upgrade
- Set up database storage
- Get data
- Import pre-annotated data
- Sync data from cloud or Redis storage
Manage Data & Projects
- Set up your labeling project
- Label and annotate data
- Export results
Machine Learning Setup
- Set up machine learning with your labeling process
- Frontend library
- Frontend reference
- Backend API
Create user accounts for Label Studio
Sign up and create an account for Label Studio to start labeling data and setting up projects.
Everyone with an account in Label Studio has access to the same functionality.
When you first start Label Studio, you see the sign up screen.
- Create an account with your email address and a password.
- Log in to Label Studio.
Accounts that you create are stored locally on the Label Studio server, and allow multiple annotators to collaborate on a specific data labeling project.
If you want, you can create an account from the command line when you start Label Studio.
label-studio start --username <username> --password <password>
To restrict who has access to your Label Studio instance, you can invite collaborators directly.
After you set up a labeling project, invite annotators to the project to start collaborating on labeling tasks.
- In the Label Studio UI, click the hamburger icon and click People.
- Click + Add People.
- Copy the invitation link and share it with those that you want to invite to Label Studio. If you need to update the link and deactivate the old one, return to this page and click Reset Link.
If you want to deactivate the signup page and use only the invitation link, set the following environment variable when you start Label Studio:
After you create an account in Label Studio, you can make changes to it as needed.
- From the Label Studio UI, click the user icon in the upper right.
- Click Account & Settings.
- Update your display name and add a profile picture no larger than 512 x 512 pixels.
- Click Save.
You can review the existing accounts in Label Studio to see which people created which projects, and to which projects they contributed annotations.
- From the Label Studio UI, click the hamburger icon and click People.
- Review the list of users by email address and name. You can see the last time a user was active in Label Studio.
- Click a row to see additional detail about a specific user, including the projects that they created or contributed annotations to.
If you forget your password or change passwords regularly for security reasons, you can change it from the command line.
On the server running Label Studio, run the following command:
When prompted, type the username and the new password. You see
Password successfully changed.
You can also use optional command line arguments to reset the password for a username.
Specify the username and type the password when prompted:
label-studio reset_password --username <username> New password:
Specify both the username and the password:
label-studio reset_password --username <username> --password <password>